Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mercato Centrale.

Very similar to our Chelsea Market back home in New York, is Mercato Centrale here in Florence. Even though I have never been to the Chelsea Market, I would imagine that they would not have some of the things I have seen here. I have seen these kind of slaughters (excuse my vocab) in the Filipino Markets, so it wasn't shocking to me as it was to the other students. In Italy everything is fresh to begin with, so Mercato Centrale is one step before that and extraordianarly fresh. At one point during lunch I'm pretty sure we heard birds squawking and animals moo-ing to save their lives. Although, I avoid these departments in the Filipino markets because, it is too much for my stomach and mentality to handle, but for the sake of this assignment I sucked it up and took these lovely photos for you. 

Compiti: Fare due elenci di che cose mangiara e non mangiara. (Homework: To make two lists of what things you would eat and not eat.)

GUSTOSO (tasty)
-La Frutta, funghi, pomodoro silicani secchi, vino, salume, fiore, tortellini, formaggio e biscotti.


NON GUSTOSO (not tasty)
                              
-YES, that 3rd picture..it is what it looks like. Sorry it's 2 other friends don't come in a set. Zampone classico puro suino(pig's leg/hoof), Bottarga di Muggine (tongue), Bresaola di Cavallo (horse breast), Mussetto cotto di Vitella (cow face), L'amredotto cotto nostrale, teste maile (pig head), orecchie maile (pig ear) e galletto livonesa (rooster)

2 comments:

  1. Florence... What a great city! i´d love it. I went there when i was doing an Interrail, and got realy impressed. Beautiful city, as well the most city´s in Italy... Kisses , Pedro Ribeiro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah looking at the pictures, meh... not so bad after you've entered the markets in the Philippines! How was the smell though? Seems cleaner than those ones I've been into!

    ...hmmm cow face and some testicles. YUMMMAAAYYY!!! wait, just kidding... was it really? HAHA!

    ReplyDelete